Re: Converting .py files to batch files.

Discussion in 'Python' started by Chris Rebert, Sep 15, 2008.

  1. Chris Rebert

    Chris Rebert Guest

    On Mon, Sep 15, 2008 at 10:30 AM, aditya shukla
    <> wrote:
    > How can we convert .py files to batch files? is there any library for this?

    Unless your Python scripts are essentially just *really basic* shell
    scripts that happen to be written in Python, then no, it's not even
    possible, much less automated. Python and batch files are just too
    vastly different: Python is a general-purpose programming language
    with a large standard library; batch files are a castrated version of
    bash.

    Perhaps if you could explain why you would want to do this in the
    first place, someone could suggest an alternative.

    Regards,
    Chris

    > Aditya

    Follow the path of the Iguana...