Re: Coordination between developers in the Python project

Discussion in 'Python' started by Ian Kelly, Nov 6, 2012.

  1. Ian Kelly

    Ian Kelly Guest

    On Mon, Nov 5, 2012 at 3:01 PM, Chris Angelico <> wrote:

    >>> Careful people do not open anonymous links from stangers. That file could
    >>> literally be anything, including a malware injection page.

    >> In this case, the link leads to a Google Docs form, which is easy to
    >> verify with a URL unshortening service.

    > By "URL unshortening service" you mean a simple HTTP request to
    > bit.ly:80, right? :) Though I admit there aren't many easy and
    > convenient ways to do that without immediately following the 301
    > redirect.

    That's one way to do it. Although I find it a bit easier to just use
    something like unshorten.com, which is the first Google hit for "url
    unshortener". Assuming that you trust that site to not be hosting
    malware itself. :)
    Ian Kelly, Nov 6, 2012

  2. Ian Kelly wrote:
    > Although I find it a bit easier to just use
    > something like unshorten.com, which is the first Google hit for "url
    > unshortener". Assuming that you trust that site to not be hosting
    > malware itself. :)

    Ah yes, beware the Hungarian unshortening service that redirects
    every request to a random porn page. They will plead incompetence,
    of course.

    --
    Greg
    Gregory Ewing, Nov 7, 2012