Re: Copy JSP session var to ASP

Discussion in 'Java' started by Scott Yanoff, Jul 21, 2003.

  1. Scott Yanoff

    Scott Yanoff Guest

    MV wrote:
    > Is there a way to bring the value of a JSP session variable over to an ASP
    > page?

    I would highly doubt it, unless you have both running under the same
    application server. I don't know of any application servers that can
    run both but perhaps there are plug-ins that allow this.

    In any case, perhaps you can at least pass the session variable from
    your JSP to the ASP page via a POST. You could make it a hidden
    variable on your JSP and when the user clicks a link to go to the ASP
    page, the link really just does a javascript:document.formName.submit()
    and passes the hidden variable along. The ASP can then pick up this
    hidden variable and use it for what it needs to.

    Now, if you are asking about passing along something like an engine ID
    or session identifier specific to the application server you are using,
    then I don't think that would be possible.

    Good luck,

    --
    -Scott

    Scott Yanoff, Jul 21, 2003