Re: could not access 'CDO.Message' object. The transport failed to con

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Joe H, Jun 22, 2004.

  1. Joe H

    Joe H Guest

    is the SMTP service running on the Windows 2003 server? if not, you need to
    install it and get it to run. if exchange is already using the standard
    SMTP port, then you will have to change the port on the SMTP service.

    "madmanpierre" <> wrote in message
    > This application is working on one server (Win 2000 with no Exchange

    server on it)

    > I am trying to move it to another server, a Win 2003 with Exchange 2003 on

    it. Exchnage is working fine,

    > The inner error boils down to "The transport failed to connect to the

    server'

    > What user account does .NET use to try to connect to SMTP and what

    permissions should it have?

    > SmtpMail.SmtpServer="127.0.0.1";
    > try {
    > SmtpMail.Send("" /*email*/
    > , ""/*sender*/
    > , "TestSubject"
    > ,"Test body"
    > } catch(Exception ex ) { ...
    >
    > I have tried http://www.systemwebmail.com/ but either I am not

    understanding something or it didn't help me.

    Joe H, Jun 22, 2004

  2. Re: could not access 'CDO.Message' object. The transport failed to

    Are you saying that .NET cannot use the exchange/IIS SMTP server?

    =?Utf-8?B?bWFkbWFucGllcnJl?=, Jun 22, 2004

  3. Re: could not access 'CDO.Message' object. The transport failed to

    Hi,

    I can suggest a workaround, but not sure if it will work
    in your environment.

    Idea is to run asp.net worker process with a domain user
    which has privileges to send mail using Exchange server.

    Read this:
    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=317012#3

    change userName to "DOMAIN\username" and password to
    its password of the domain user. Save machine.config file,
    reboot machine and try sending email again with asp.net.

    --
    Hope this helps,
    Zeeshan Mustafa, MCSD

    M. Zeeshan Mustafa, Jun 23, 2004