RE: Could not copy temporary files to the output directory

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Charlie Nilsson [MSFT], Aug 30, 2003.

  1. Either IIS or your aspnet_wp process has control of these files. A simple
    way to release these is to have a couple of commands ready.

    From the command-line run "net stop iisadmin /y". This will shut down your
    web/app server.
    Then run "net start w3svc". If you use these two commands often, you can
    create your own batch file to run these.

    Now try compiling from the IDE.

    Hope this helps.

    Charlie Nilsson [msft]
    Visual Studio Update