Re: Could not execute query against OLE DB provider 'MSIDXS' Error

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by savvy, Jan 24, 2006.

  1. savvy

    savvy Guest

    I have created a stored procedure for searching particular keywords in
    a MS Word or
    PDF docs using Index Server and processes the results through the SQL
    Server.
    So, it links both Index Server and SQL Server
    When I execute this stored proc from my ASP.NET page i'm getting this
    error.
    Could not execute query against OLE DB provider 'MSIDXS'
    My Sql Connection object in my .net page is
    SqlConnection objConn = new
    SqlConnection("Server=MISC\\MISC;Database=sapresources;User
    ID=sap;Password=sapres;");
    I tried different ways but not able to understand where the problem is
    but It works fine when i execute in my Query Analyzer using
    Exec SelectIndexServerCVpaths
    @searchstring='mykeyword'

    Can anybody help ?
    Thanks in Advance

    CREATE PROCEDURE SelectIndexServerCVpaths
    (
    @searchstring varchar(100)
    )
    AS
    SET @searchstring = REPLACE( @searchstring, '''', '''''' )
    DROP VIEW sapresources.FileSearchResults
    EXEC ('CREATE VIEW sapresources.FileSearchResults AS SELECT * FROM
    OPENQUERY(FileSystem,''SELECT Directory, FileName,
    DocAuthor, Size, Create, Write, Path FROM
    SCOPE('''' "c:\inetpub\wwwroot\sap-resources\Uploads" '''') WHERE
    FREETEXT(''''' + @searchstring + ''''')'')')
    SELECT * FROM CVdetails C, sapresources.FileSearchResults F WHERE
    C.CV_Path = F.PATH AND C.DefaultID=1
    GO

    savvy, Jan 24, 2006