Re: CPU <> Memory chip communication interface

Discussion in 'VHDL' started by Skybuck Flying, Aug 5, 2005.

  1. Here is another nice advanced introduction to signals over wires or other
    mediums:

    http://www.analog.com/library/analogDialogue/archives/30-3/mix_sig.html

    It also mentions modulation. So maybe the ReadBit/WriteBit functions should
    communicate
    with another little communication chip on the cpu itself. So that the cpu
    itself can simply communicatie with this little communication chip in a very
    simple way. The communication chip can then communicate with the main memory
    chip which might also have such a communication chip ;)

    Lol sounds a lot like athlon's x2 design... a cpu chip with another chip
    inside it...

    I have no idea what a north bridge and south bridge chip is... but could
    this be the same design ? :):):)

    Bye,
    Skybuck.

    http://penguin.dcs.bbk.ac.uk/academic/technology/physical-layer/asynchronous/index.php

    > I never understood the difference between voltage and ampere... to bad

    this
    > page doesn't discuss how ampere is related to voltage. (voltage<->ampere
    > very confusing )
    >
    > One thing I do understand now. The higher the voltage the higher the one

    ;)

    Skybuck Flying, Aug 5, 2005

  2. Skybuck Flying

    Pooh Bear Guest

    Skybuck Flying wrote:

    > I have no idea what a north bridge and south bridge chip is... but could
    > this be the same design ? :):):)

    Yeah ! No surprise sunshine ! Why not simply do some self-study ? It worked for me.

    Graham

    Pooh Bear, Aug 5, 2005