Re: CRC-checksum failed in gzip

Discussion in 'Python' started by Laszlo Nagy, Aug 1, 2012.

  1. Laszlo Nagy

    Laszlo Nagy Guest

    > very simple right? But sometimes we get a checksum error.

    Do you have a traceback showing the actual error?

    > - CRC is at the end of the file and is computed against the whole
    > file (last 8 bytes)
    > - after the CRC there is the \0000 marker for the EOF
    > - readline() doesn't trigger the checksum generation in the
    > beginning, but only when the EOF is reached
    > - until a file is flushed or closed you can't read the new content in it

    How do you write the file? Is it written from another Python program?
    Can we see the source code of that?

    > but the problem is that we can't reproduce it, because doing it
    > manually on the same files it works perfectly,
    > and the same files some time work some time don't work.

    The problem might be with the saved file. Once you get an error for a
    given file, can you reproduce the error using the same file?

    > The files are on a shared NFS drive, I'm starting to think that it's a
    > network/fs problem, which might truncate the file
    > adding an EOF before the end and thus making the checksum fail..
    > But is it possible?
    > Or what else could it be?

    Can your try to run the same program on a local drive?
    Laszlo Nagy, Aug 1, 2012