Re: Create a new web application REMOTELY using VS Studio .NET

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Frank Drebin, Aug 26, 2003.

  1. Frank Drebin

    Frank Drebin Guest

    I'm guessing that you through IIS or FPSE, have the app locked down too
    hard.. I can do this (connect remotely from work, to home) - and it prompts
    me..

    "Stephen D. Oliver" <> wrote in message
    > OK, here's the scenario:
    >
    > I'm in a remote location wanting to create a brand new web application on

    my
    > remote Windows 2003 server machine.
    > In Visual Studio .NET 2003, I select "Create Project" and point the

    creation
    > location to the URL of my test server at home.
    > Instead of presenting me with a UserName and Password box so that I could
    > verify my credentials authorizing me to author a website from another
    > machine across the Internet, I get a flat "forbidden" message and the
    > project creation fails.
    > What gives?
    >
    > Does anybody know how this can be done? Rhetorically, why is it so

    hard???

    Frank Drebin, Aug 26, 2003

  2. Frank Drebin

    Frank Drebin Guest

    I don't have any 2003 servers setup, so I'm not positive - but some places
    to look.. in IIS, right-click on the root web and do "All Tasks" and run the
    Permission Wizard.. if you have FPSE 2002, take a look at how the
    permissions are set up for that...

    Unless something major has changed, those are pretty much THE two places
    that those kinds of permissions are set... please let us know what you find!

    Frank Drebin, Aug 26, 2003

  3. Frank Drebin

    Jim Cheshire Guest

    If you take the steps I gave you, it will work.

    --
    Jim Cheshire
    Jimco Add-ins

    Jim Cheshire, Aug 26, 2003