Re: Create a new web application REMOTELY using VS Studio .NET

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Natty Gur, Aug 26, 2003.

  1. Natty Gur

    Natty Gur Guest

    Hi,

    that are the steps that i do

    - open IIS6 MMC and select 'Default Web Site'
    - select the Permission context menu
    - Add your user and grant the needed control (Im working inside
    enterprise so i grant full control)
    - try to open remote project. if you ask select the front page
    extensions

    Let me know if it works for you.

    Natty Gur, CTO
    Dao2Com Ltd.
    34th Elkalay st. Raanana
    Israel , 43000
    Phone Numbers:
    Office: +972-(0)9-7740261
    Fax: +972-(0)9-7740261
    Mobile: +972-(0)58-888377

    Natty Gur, Aug 26, 2003

  2. I finally got it.

    While wandering around in the Administrative Tools folder of the Web Server,
    I found the applet .NET Framework Wizards. Inside of that, I found a
    smaller applet, "Adjust .NET Security".
    I fired that up and saw that it contained security settings (EXACTLY like
    the one for IE) for different zones, e.g., "Intranet, Internet, My
    Computer," and so on.
    I changed the settings for "Internet" such that it must ask the user for
    authentication and then, VOILA! I could then see the prompt for username and
    password and then I was able to authenticate and create the project.

    Thanks for helping me think through this!

    -steve

    Stephen D. Oliver [MSFT], Aug 27, 2003