Re-creating a Tkinter mainloop()

srinathava

Hi,

I am trying to run a Tkinter application in a thread and it
works pretty well to an extent. However, when I try to
recreate the application after the thread exits, the new
application never shows up. The code below the message
explains what I am trying.

On running this, you should see a simple two-button frame
pop-up, while a sting will keep being printed on the
console. Please press the "QUIT" button before the counter
counts down to 0. You should see "done with main()" on the
console. When the counter hits 0, I see

opening new thread

on the console, so main() is being called, but no window
appears.

I am quite new to Tkinter, so I hope I am being clear about
my intentions...

Thanks,
Srinath

from Tkinter import *