Re: Creating visual graphics

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by Willem, Nov 25, 2012.

  1. Willem

    Willem Guest

    Bernie Cosell wrote:
    ) I'm VERY new to all this, but I've started fooling around with the GD
    ) package on my win7/pro system [using ActiveState Perl] and it seems simple
    ) enough that even a dolt like me can manage to do some graphics-generation.
    )
    ) What I'm wondering if there's some [not too complicated? :eek:)] package
    ) that'd allow "active" graphics. that is, it'd open a window and draw in it
    ) in some simple way [ala GD, if not GD::Simple :eek:)], and I could be typing
    ) into the command window to mess with things and have the display change.
    ) Thanks!

    I don't think the GD library can output live to the screen.
    You'll probably want a Canvas widget/module for that.
    Tk::Canvas comes to mind.

    SaSW, Willem
    drugged or something..
    #EOT