Re: Critique my company's revised web site.

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Spartanicus, Sep 16, 2004.

  1. Spartanicus

    Spartanicus Guest

    Crossposted and follow up set to alt.html

    Ben Measures <> wrote:

    >> 15) XHTML: fad

    >It's more than a fad.

    Serving XHTML as HTML as the OP is doing serves no purpose at all.

    >Its strictness is conducive to smaller, less
    >complex parsers.

    It requires an equally "complex" parser because:
    1) It's served and thus rendered as HTML.
    2) For practical purposes XHTML 1.0 Strict is as "strict" as HTML 4.01
    Strict.

    >Some devices cannot afford to have a fully blown quirks-mode parser.
    >This is an important point, especially if talking about accessibility.

    Irrelevant, again: it's served and parsed as HTML.

    --
    Spartanicus
    Spartanicus, Sep 16, 2004