Re: crtics and testers wanted

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Jacqui or (maybe) Pete, Jul 5, 2003.

  1. In article <>, anom@anom says...
    > http://www.1-large-world.com/states/
    >
    > Let me know which browsers it won't work in.
    > Javascript menu so make sure it's on first.
    > When you first load it the entire listing appears in the far right table,
    > then when loaded only the first item appears.

    I see you've taken this from http://porjes.com/hide3.html (which is
    absolutely fine). Unfortunately, that wasn't really designed to do this
    kind of thing - it will always download everything because the whole
    idea is that if javascript isn't available then the whole page is
    displayed.

    Something like http://usenet.alt-html.org/butterflies/ would be a much
    better template.
    Jacqui or (maybe) Pete, Jul 5, 2003

  2. Jacqui or (maybe) Pete

    Bagbourne Guest

    Jacqui or (maybe) Pete wrote:
    > In article <>, anom@anom says...
    >
    >>http://www.1-large-world.com/states/
    >>
    >>Let me know which browsers it won't work in.
    >>Javascript menu so make sure it's on first.
    >>When you first load it the entire listing appears in the far right table,
    >>then when loaded only the first item appears.
    >>

    > I see you've taken this from http://porjes.com/hide3.html (which is
    > absolutely fine). Unfortunately, that wasn't really designed to do this
    > kind of thing - it will always download everything because the whole
    > idea is that if javascript isn't available then the whole page is
    > displayed.
    >
    > Something like http://usenet.alt-html.org/butterflies/ would be a much
    > better template.

    You're assuming he has server side scripting available. He might only
    have access to static content. My ISP, btinternet.com, only gives us
    static html.

    Nige
    Bagbourne, Jul 5, 2003

  3. In article <>, says...
    > Jacqui or (maybe) Pete wrote:
    > > In article <>, anom@anom says...
    > >
    > >>http://www.1-large-world.com/states/

    > > Something like http://usenet.alt-html.org/butterflies/ would be a much
    > > better template.

    > You're assuming he has server side scripting available.

    No, I checked the http headers; he has php available.

    BTW, my ISP is the same as yours, and the deal I have with them doesn't
    give _any_ webspace or even an email address. So much for the UK
    government's plans to make ISPs record everyone's emails.
    Jacqui or (maybe) Pete, Jul 5, 2003
  4. Jacqui or (maybe) Pete

    Richard Guest

    "Jacqui or (maybe) Pete" <> wrote in message
    > In article <>, anom@anom says...
    > > http://www.1-large-world.com/states/
    > >
    > > Let me know which browsers it won't work in.
    > > Javascript menu so make sure it's on first.
    > > When you first load it the entire listing appears in the far right

    table,
    > > then when loaded only the first item appears.
    > >

    > I see you've taken this from http://porjes.com/hide3.html (which is
    > absolutely fine). Unfortunately, that wasn't really designed to do this
    > kind of thing - it will always download everything because the whole
    > idea is that if javascript isn't available then the whole page is
    > displayed.
    >
    > Something like http://usenet.alt-html.org/butterflies/ would be a much
    > better template.

    Precisely why I put this up for you all to poke apart and disect and come up
    with better suggestions.
    At least the script does what I want to happen.
    Now if you'ld kindly supply a link that WORKS, I'd have a look at your
    proposed template, so far, I can't get to it.
    Richard, Jul 5, 2003
  5. Jacqui or (maybe) Pete

    > In article <>, anom@anom says...
    > >
    > > "Jacqui or (maybe) Pete" <> wrote in message
    > > > In article <>, anom@anom says...

    > > > I see you've taken this from http://porjes.com/hide3.html

    > > > Something like http://usenet.alt-html.org/butterflies/ would be a much
    > > > better template.

    > > Precisely why I put this up for you all to poke apart and disect and

    come up
    > > with better suggestions.
    > > At least the script does what I want to happen.
    > > Now if you'ld kindly supply a link that WORKS, I'd have a look at your
    > > proposed template, so far, I can't get to it.

    > I think you're being pretty fucking rude given that you based your page
    > on one of my examples. If usenet.alt-html.org is down right now
    > complain to the webmaster. I imagine brucie will be only too happy to
    > help.

    When I want to be rude, you'll know it right off the damn bat.
    David Graham provided the link to the site for the info I'm testing out, not
    you.
    So shove your fucking attitude problem in your proverbial high and mighty
    ass.
    Richard, Jul 5, 2003