Re: CSS and links

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Jacqui or (maybe) Pete, Jun 25, 2003.

  1. In article <>,
    says...
    > The problem is that the links are set up like this

    > Obviously, that will produce the links with a | between each.
    >
    > The problem is that the links don't break at the | if they are going to
    > overrun so you get part of the link on line 1 with the remainder on line
    > 2. Is there any way using a style sheet that you can get

    '&nbsp;' is probably the most reliable, but you can use 'white-
    space:pre' and get things to work in at least IE6 (I haven't tried it in
    older browsers). You have to be a bit careful with the html so as not to
    confuse IE.

    Example:
    http://porjes.com/links.html

    All relevant knowledge is here: