Re: CSS for positioning

Discussion in 'HTML' started by freemont, May 10, 2010.

  1. freemont

    freemont Guest

    On Sun, 09 May 2010 21:55:54 +0000, Lewis writ:

    > I won't pretend this is perfect, but it replicates your top menu without
    > using HTML3, validates to HTML4 strict, doesn't use tables, and
    > collapses pretty well.

    Almost validates. ;-) You missed a form tag somewhere.

    > I only did the top menu area, but the bones should be there enough to
    > get you started in the right direction.
    >
    > I don't claim this is perfect [...]

    > <http://home.kreme.comcsspo.html>

    Not bad, but I can't see where this:

    <http://i40.tinypic.com/2udxs1i.png> (your re-write)

    is an improvement over this:

    <http://i43.tinypic.com/rsbkeq.png> (my re-write)

    >> It would seem that for that page using tables for layout is much
    >> simpler, or what do you think?

    > Using table for layout is simple until you want to change something,
    > then you are basically starting over.

    Yup. Nested tables are a lot of work, and usually unnecessarily so.

    However, I'm starting to think that using tables for layout is easier
    than convincing other people to *stop* using tables for layout. ;-)
    --
    â‚ "Because all you of Earth are idiots!"
    freemont, May 10, 2010