Re: CSS for positioning

Discussion in 'HTML' started by BootNic, May 10, 2010.

  1. BootNic

    BootNic Guest

    On Sun, 9 May 2010 11:01:27 +0200
    Alfred Molon <> wrote:

    > My site uses tables for layout. I was experimenting yesterday with
    > CSS for positioning and ran into problems.
    >
    > More specifically I was trying to convert this table-based page:
    > http://www.molon.de/test/csspo/part2.html
    > (ignore the links which do not work)
    >
    > Here is as far as I got:
    > http://www.molon.de/test/csspo/
    >
    > There are the following problems:

    [snip]

    > It would seem that for that page using tables for layout is much
    > simpler, or what do you think?

    Don't think of it as converting one design to another. Simply redesign
    the site/page. Thinking of it as a conversion one may as well spend a
    lot of time typing by beating the keyboard with your head.

    At first look it appeared as it were a two column layout, that is
    until I seen the google ads in the source. So it may work out if a 3
    column lay out was used.

    A rough example based off of:
    http://matthewjamestaylor.com/blog/perfect-3-column.htm

    http://bootnicredirect.bounceme.net/ex0003

    Create a template, then migrate the content to the new design.

    --
    BootNic Sun May 9, 2010 11:27 pm
    *Aldous Huxley*

    â• 64 days remaining