Re: CSS formatted buttons and IE

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Michael Weber, Sep 14, 2003.

  1. [Sun, 14 Sep 2003 19:02:51 +0200/SeeSchloss]
    > Hi,
    >
    > With Mozilla, :hover, :active etc have an effect on buttons
    > but IE does not seem to understand it.
    > Is there any mean to make button reacting to hover or
    > active in IE ?

    Use a.whatever:hover

    regs
    michael

    Michael Weber, Sep 14, 2003

  2. Michael Weber

    picayunish Guest

    Without quill or qualm, Michael Weber quothed:
    > [Sun, 14 Sep 2003 19:02:51 +0200/SeeSchloss]
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> With Mozilla, :hover, :active etc have an effect on buttons
    >> but IE does not seem to understand it.
    >> Is there any mean to make button reacting to hover or
    >> active in IE ?

    > Use a.whatever:hover

    Tested on a submit button, it doesn't work.
    http://members.chello.nl/e.vandervaart/test/hover.html
    --
    Edwin van der Vaart (Geen familie van....)
    http://www.semi-conductors.nl/ PHP Redirect to semi-conductor.nl

    picayunish, Sep 14, 2003

  3. Hi picayunish,

    [Sun, 14 Sep 2003 22:24:35 +0200/picayunish]
    > Without quill or qualm, Michael Weber quothed:
    > > [Sun, 14 Sep 2003 19:02:51 +0200/SeeSchloss]
    > >> Hi,
    > >>
    > >> With Mozilla, :hover, :active etc have an effect on buttons
    > >> but IE does not seem to understand it.
    > >> Is there any mean to make button reacting to hover or
    > >> active in IE ?

    > > Use a.whatever:hover

    > Tested on a submit button, it doesn't work.
    > http://members.chello.nl/e.vandervaart/test/hover.html

    I said a.whatever:hover, not a:hover

    use A.button:hover

    If you want to use background images, you also need to add
    display:block to your a-tags (to let it work in NN/OP)

    Demo with hover/active/visited on www.webbosom.online.de
    (test/temp/off)

    regs
    michael