Re: CSS2 Way Too Complicated

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Mark Parnell, Jul 17, 2004.

  1. Mark Parnell

    Mark Parnell Guest

    Neal wrote:

    > I submit that many here would do the WWW a favor by designing a

    tutorial
    > of their own and getting it listed in the SEs. You're one of them,

    Richard.

    Unfortunately those who are best qualified to write such a tutorial are
    too busy putting it into practice to write one. :)

    Perhaps a collaborative effort could be achieved though. May be worth
    some thought. Anyone?
    --
    Mark Parnell
    http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au

    Mark Parnell, Jul 17, 2004

  2. Mark Parnell

    rf Guest

    "Mark Parnell" <> wrote in message
    > Neal wrote:
    >
    > > I submit that many here would do the WWW a favor by designing a

    > tutorial
    > > of their own and getting it listed in the SEs. You're one of them,

    > Richard.
    >
    > Unfortunately those who are best qualified to write such a tutorial are
    > too busy putting it into practice to write one. :)
    >
    > Perhaps a collaborative effort could be achieved though. May be worth
    > some thought. Anyone?

    brucie and Sid and somebody else (Phil the mad welshman?) and I considered
    this about three years ago (when tables were in vogue) but unfortunately
    never got anywhere.

    I actually started one about a year ago, with full emphasis (at the laymans
    level) of the element concept, including (in simple language) the document
    tree and why elements do what they do and what CSS does to them. The ideas
    was that HTML and CSS are learned together, starting from the very simple
    and building up to a fully fledged site. I'll see if I can dig it up from
    the archives.

    IIRC the first paragraph was something like:
    "An HTML document is made up from of elements ... "

    --
    Cheers
    Richard.

    rf, Jul 17, 2004

  3. Mark Parnell

    Neal Guest

    On Sat, 17 Jul 2004 02:32:29 GMT, rf <rf@.invalid> wrote:

    > IIRC the first paragraph was something like:
    > "An HTML document is made up from of elements ... "

    Well, so long as you were drinking... ;)

    Neal, Jul 17, 2004