Re: Custom paging

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Saravana, Jul 10, 2003.

  1. Saravana

    Saravana Guest

    Another option for custom paging is

    1. Get all the primary key column values in the page load event.
    2. Store these values in the session cache as a separate data set.
    3. The above data set will have one column that has the values of the
    primary key in the interval of the page size.
    4. When a new page is requested, Get the starting primary key value for that
    page from the session and then hit the database to get the records.

    I hope this helps you

    --
    Saravana
    Microsoft India Community Star,