Re: Data Dictionary and Code Generator

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by Kamilche, Jun 24, 2003.

  1. Kamilche

    Kamilche Guest

    "Simon Biber" <> wrote in message news:<3ef7add1$0$9355$>...

    > This could be useful. I guess it parses static/extern for
    > functions and objects, and only includes declarations of ones
    > with external linkage, and auto-generates include guards, etc.

    yeah.

    > Loop iterators are reinitialised at the start of each
    > for statement. Why not just make them global variables? :)

    ha! I experimented with that once, with disastrous results, and
    learned to stay away from that. I was using a shared buffer instead,
    but this loop iterator is an example of why it didn't work. Let's say
    function 1 executes function 2 in a loop, incrementing i every time.
    and function 2 calls function X in a loop, incrementing i every time.
    bam! bzzt! that's all she wrote.

    --Kamilche
    Kamilche, Jun 24, 2003