Re: Dealing with higher order operations coupled with primitives

Discussion in 'Java' started by Gina Engli, Jun 22, 2012.

  1. Gina Engli

    Gina Engli Guest

    On 22/06/2012 12:32 AM, markspace wrote:
    > I'll agree with others: Haskell/Clojure seem a better fit.

    If the OP specifically wants to run on the JVM (to run in a servlet
    container, for instance, or to gain WORA easily) or have access to
    Java's large and useful standard library, Clojure, in particular, has
    the advantage of being JVM-hosted and providing said access.
    Gina Engli, Jun 22, 2012

  2. Gina Engli

    Fred Greer Guest

    On Fri, 22 Jun 2012 02:31:54 -0400, Gina Engli wrote:

    > On 22/06/2012 12:32 AM, markspace wrote:
    >> I'll agree with others: Haskell/Clojure seem a better fit.

    > If the OP specifically wants to run on the JVM (to run in a servlet
    > container, for instance, or to gain WORA easily) or have access to
    > Java's large and useful standard library, Clojure, in particular, has
    > the advantage of being JVM-hosted and providing said access.

    Also if he prefers to code in Java, as he can code the really functional
    stuff in Clojure and the rest in Java since the two can be made to
    interoperate easily.
    Fred Greer, Jun 22, 2012

  3. Gina Engli

    Gina Engli Guest

    On 22/06/2012 2:36 AM, Fred Greer wrote:
    > On Fri, 22 Jun 2012 02:31:54 -0400, Gina Engli wrote:
    >
    >> On 22/06/2012 12:32 AM, markspace wrote:
    >>> I'll agree with others: Haskell/Clojure seem a better fit.

    >> If the OP specifically wants to run on the JVM (to run in a servlet
    >> container, for instance, or to gain WORA easily) or have access to
    >> Java's large and useful standard library, Clojure, in particular, has
    >> the advantage of being JVM-hosted and providing said access.

    > Also if he prefers to code in Java, as he can code the really functional
    > stuff in Clojure and the rest in Java since the two can be made to
    > interoperate easily.

    Yes, but why the hell would anyone prefer to code in Java? ;)
    Gina Engli, Jun 22, 2012
  4. Gina Engli

    Lew Guest

    Gina Engli wrote:
    > Yes, but why the hell would anyone prefer to code in Java? ;)

    Because it's the best friggin' programming language ever invented
    or that ever will be!

    --
    Lew
    Lew, Jun 22, 2012

    Sixteen of Seventeen, Jun 22, 2012
  6. Gina Engli

    Lew Guest

    Sixteen of Seventeen wrote:
    > Lew wrote:
    >> Gina Engli wrote:
    >>> Yes, but why the hell would anyone prefer to code in Java? ;)

    >> Because it's the best friggin' programming language ever invented
    >> or that ever will be!

    > Classic unsubstantiated and erroneous claim.

    You don't know a joke when you see one. Quit parroting your nonsense.

    It was a joke, right? Get it?

    --
    Lew
    Honi soit qui mal y pense.
    Lew, Jun 23, 2012
  7. On 22/06/2012 10:59 PM, Lew wrote:
    > Sixteen of Seventeen wrote:
    >>>
    >>> Because it's the best friggin' programming language ever invented
    >>> or that ever will be!

    >> Classic unsubstantiated and erroneous claim.

    > You don't know a joke when you see one.

    What does your classic unsubstantiated and erroneous claim have to do
    with Java, Lew?

    > Quit parroting your nonsense.

    What does your classic erroneous presupposition have to do with Java, Lew?

    > It was a joke, right? Get it?

    What do your questions have to do with Java, Lew?
    Sixteen of Seventeen, Jun 23, 2012
  8. Gina Engli

    Lew Guest

    Lew, Jun 23, 2012
  9. Gina Engli

    Borg Queen Guest

    On 23/06/2012 1:13 AM, Lew wrote:
    > On 06/22/2012 08:16 PM, Sixteen of Seventeen wrote:
    >> What does your classic unsubstantiated and erroneous claim have to do
    >> with
    >> Java, Lew?

    > Plonk.

    Killfiles are irrelevant. You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile.
    Borg Queen, Jun 23, 2012
  10. Gina Engli

    Lew Guest

    Lew, Jun 23, 2012
  11. Gina Engli

    Borg Queen Guest

    On 23/06/2012 10:59 AM, Lew wrote:
    > Borg Queen wrote:
    >>>
    >>> Plonk.

    >> Killfiles are irrelevant. You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile.

    > What does your classic unsubstantiated and erroneous claim have to do
    > with Java?

    Classic erroneous presupposition that my claim was either erroneous or
    unsubstantiated.
    Borg Queen, Jun 23, 2012