Re: Dealing with higher order operations coupled with primitives

Discussion in 'Java' started by Roedy Green, Jun 22, 2012.

  1. Roedy Green

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Thu, 21 Jun 2012 22:08:37 -0500, "Aaron W. Hsu"
    said :

    >To give a simplified example of what I am dealing with, I want to have an
    >class that stores data in arrays of primitives (since I do not want to
    >incur the boxing overhead of Objects),

    Elements in arrays of primitives must all be of the same type. If you
    want to mix, you need arrays of Objects.

    You can of course have subclasses of Objects each with a different
    type of primitive array.
    --
    Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
    http://mindprod.com