Re: Debug/release ASP pages?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Ignacio Machin \( .NET/ C# MVP \), Apr 13, 2004.

  1. Hi,

    Basically what you say is true, in a web app there is only one directory
    where the last build is stored, and is the last compilation result what you
    will find there.
    This is very easy to see, create a web project compile it and you will see
    in the \bin directory the pdb files (that contains debug info) now if you
    change to release and compile again you will see that the pdb files are
    gone.

    Cheers,

    --
    Ignacio Machin,
    ignacio.machin AT dot.state.fl.us

    "Bonj" <> wrote in message
    > When building a windows forms application in C#, I notice that you get two

    different folders for different builds, debug and release. But when building
    a web application there is only one, c:\inetpub\wwwroot\<projectname>\bin

    > Am I right in thinking that whether the current build that is prevalent is

    dependent on what build was done most recently? Is there a magic button or
    way of defining a macro to "switch to release mode, build, then switch back
    to debug" ?
    Ignacio Machin \( .NET/ C# MVP \), Apr 13, 2004

  2. Ignacio Machin \( .NET/ C#  MVP \)

    Bonj Guest

    They don't disappear. They don't get created again, but they don't
    disappear.

    "Ignacio Machin ( .NET/ C# MVP )" <ignacio.machin AT dot.state.fl.us> wrote
    in message news:...

    Bonj, Apr 25, 2004