Re: debugger on system with Python 2 and 3

Discussion in 'Python' started by Yo Sato, Nov 29, 2009.

  1. Yo Sato

    Yo Sato Guest

    Thanx Alan,

    I am using Fedora Core 11. I wanted to use emacs, rather than the
    full-blown IDE or entirely gui-based debugger, and that's why I was
    drawn to pydb in the first instance.

    If there's no other choice I don't mind using winpdb, but it is
    installed (through Yum) under Python2 library and invokes Py2 at
    default... Don't quite know how to adapt it to Py3 or install the
    right version under the right directory, yet. It seems as if some
    environmental variable change is necessary. On the whole it doesn't
    seem that there's much support in the third-party debuggers in general
    as yet...

    In the meantime I might ask if it is possible to adapt pydb (or
    perhaps, IDLE) for Py3. Might be just a change in a env variable or
    two...

    Yo

    Yo Sato, Nov 29, 2009

  2. Yo Sato

    Nir Guest

    rpdb2 should be compatible with Python 3.x.
    And once you start a debugging session with rpdb2 (running with Python
    3.x)
    you can attach to it from a winpdb instance (running with Python 2.x)

    Nir, Nov 29, 2009