Re: Debugger Recommendation

Discussion in 'C++' started by Paul, Aug 30, 2011.

  1. Paul

    Paul Guest

    http://xkcd.com/272/

    Paul, Aug 30, 2011

  2. Paul

    jacob navia Guest

    Le 30/08/11 07:02, Paul a écrit :
    > On Aug 29, 3:40 pm, Joseph Hesse<> wrote:
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I have never used a debugger and would like to know which one(s) are the
    >> best. I prefer one with a graphic interface.
    >>
    >> I use gnu c++ and Linux.
    >>
    >> Thank you,
    >> Joe

    > http://xkcd.com/272/

    I did not understand that comic. Should I understand that:

    o Linux users are a "show off" kind of people that like to use dangerous
    things?

    o Non-linux users (that need antivurus software) are lame
    people thatare unable to do anything?

    o Both?

    o None?

    And what I understand even less is what that has to do with a debugger
    discussion?

    Thanks for enlightening me.

    jacob navia, Aug 30, 2011

  3. Paul

    Paul Guest

    On Aug 30, 10:09 am, jacob navia <> wrote:
    > Le 30/08/11 07:02, Paul a écrit :
    >
    > > On Aug 29, 3:40 pm, Joseph Hesse<>  wrote:
    > >> Hi,

    > >> I have never used a debugger and would like to know which one(s) are the
    > >> best.  I prefer one with a graphic interface.

    > >> I use gnu c++ and Linux.

    > >> Thank you,
    > >> Joe

    > >http://xkcd.com/272/

    > I did not understand that comic. Should I understand that:
    >
    > o Linux users are a "show off" kind of people that like to use dangerous
    > things?
    >
    > o Non-linux users (that need antivurus software) are lame
    >    people thatare unable to do anything?
    >
    > o Both?
    >
    > o None?

    The comic strip can be interpreted any way you want to interpret it. I
    thought it was quite funny because of the way the author portrayed the
    linux user v's non linux user, if that is the case or just how I
    interpreted it ( maybe the salesman is also a linux user.

    > And what I understand even less is what that has to do with a debugger
    > discussion?

    It has nothing to do with the debugger , it is only related to the
    post becuase of Linux.

    Paul, Aug 30, 2011
  4. On Aug 30, 5:26 am, Paul <> wrote:
    > On Aug 30, 10:09 am, jacob navia <> wrote:

    > > >http://xkcd.com/272/

    > > I did not understand that comic. Should I understand that:

    > > o Linux users are a "show off" kind of people that like to use dangerous
    > > things?

    > > o Non-linux users (that need antivurus software) are lame
    > >    people thatare unable to do anything?

    > > o Both?

    > > o None?

    > The comic strip can be interpreted any way you want to interpret it. I
    > thought it was quite funny because of the way the author portrayed the
    > linux user v's non linux user, if that is the case or just how I
    > interpreted it ( maybe the salesman is also a linux user.

    In other words you don't get it either.

    Posting a link to a comic that you don't get, without any accompanying
    commentary, falls under the category of a non-contribution. Yet
    another post you should not have made.

    Oliver Jackson, Aug 30, 2011
  5. Paul

    Paul Guest

    On Aug 30, 4:25 pm, Oliver Jackson <> wrote:
    > On Aug 30, 5:26 am, Paul <> wrote:

    > > > I did not understand that comic. Should I understand that:

    > > > o Linux users are a "show off" kind of people that like to use dangerous
    > > > things?

    > > > o Non-linux users (that need antivurus software) are lame
    > > >    people thatare unable to do anything?

    > > > o Both?

    > > > o None?

    > > The comic strip can be interpreted any way you want to interpret it. I
    > > thought it was quite funny because of the way the author portrayed the
    > > linux user v's non linux user, if that is the case or just how I
    > > interpreted it ( maybe the salesman is also a linux user.

    > In other words you don't get it either.

    Not at all.

    I get it, do you?

    Paul, Aug 30, 2011