RE: deploy asp.net app

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Steven Cheng[MSFT], Aug 24, 2004.

  1. Hi Zino,

    As for the deploying problem you mentioned, I'm wondering what's the
    components or content you put in the
    two sub folders? classes assemblies?

    Generally, it is recommended that we put all the class libraries(assemblies
    ) in the application's private bin folder or in the server's GAC(for strong
    name assembly). That'll help the asp.net to do runtime monitoring on the
    assemblies. And when deploying the application server, we should complied
    all the necessary assemblies before move to the production server.

    So if there are source files in SQL folder or myClasses folder, I suggest
    that you move them away to the private "bin" folder and precompiled them
    into assembly before deploying to the product server.
    Thanks.

    Regards,

    Steven Cheng
    Microsoft Online Support