Re: Design question business-tier

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by J.Bijleveld, Apr 1, 2004.

  1. J.Bijleveld

    J.Bijleveld Guest

    Hello Fitim,

    thanks for responding to my question. I think your suggestion makes
    sense for a clean solution. I only have one problem, which is how to
    tell the framework to use a specialized factory instead of the default
    factory (so: in a project that used the framework, I create a
    specialized abstract factory class, but how do I then tell the
    framework to use it instead of its own factory). That basically is the
    same problem as I was trying to address with my solution.

    Do you have suggestions about this?

    Thanks!
    Regards,
    Jeroen Bijleveld

    J.Bijleveld, Apr 1, 2004

  2. Hi Jeroen,

    As for central the configuration infos of all the web applications(such as
    manager class factory ..), I've ever seen that some other ones have used a
    common webservice which help retrieve and store the certain configuration
    datas in a common database. Then, all the web application call the shared
    webservice to get the information and need only set the webservice's url in
    its own web.config file. But this will make us provide a certain
    application to host the webservice.

    Regards,

    Steven Cheng
    Microsoft Online Support