Re: Design tool

Discussion in 'Python' started by Harry George, Jul 23, 2003.

  1. Harry George

    Harry George Guest

    Tertius <> writes:

    > Can anyone suggest a favorite, design/Case/UML Tool used by the open
    > source community? (in particular the Python community)

    Personally, I use Dia:
    http://www.lysator.liu.se/~alla/dia/

    Some people use argo (which I find slow). tcm is another candidate --
    lots of capability but tiny fonts and hard to grab the label handles
    last time I tried it.

    --

    6-6M31 Knowledge Management
    Phone: (425) 342-5601
    Harry George, Jul 23, 2003

  2. Harry George

    max Guest

    max, Jul 23, 2003

  3. Harry George

    max Guest

    > All work on Windows (ArgoUML is Java application).

    I meant Argo does. dia does not, AFAIK
    max, Jul 23, 2003
  4. Harry George

    David C. Fox Guest

    max wrote:

    >> All work on Windows (ArgoUML is Java application).
    >>

    > I meant Argo does. dia does not, AFAIK

    It depends what you mean by works. There is a Windows version, and it
    runs, but printing was extremely buggy the last time I tried it. Of
    course, I think that was v. 0.7, so maybe it's been improved since then.

    David
    David C. Fox, Jul 23, 2003