Re: Development & testing of embedded Windows Forms control

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Rodrigo, Oct 14, 2003.

  1. Rodrigo

    Rodrigo Guest

    "Luther Miller" <> wrote in message
    > Part of our ASP.NET project contains forms that also host embedded
    > Windows Forms controls.
    >
    > The control library with these controls is part of the same Solution
    > as the web project.
    >
    > In order for the controls to be embedded, the control's assembly (dll)
    > must be located in the same folder as the ASPX files.
    >
    > I have a web setup project that deploys everything correctly. The
    > issue is that while debugging and testing, performing a Rebuild
    > Solution compiles the control's assembly but does not place it the
    > location it needs to be in.
    >
    > Is there a way to somehow automate this, so that everytime a developer
    > rebuilds or runs the solution from VS.NET, the dll for the control
    > project is also copied into the web directory?

    Hi there,
    You just need to change the Output Path of your project under Configuration
    Properties > Build to your ISS root

    Best Regards Rodrigo

    Rodrigo, Oct 14, 2003

  2. Thanks Rodrigo,