Re: Diff coloring

Discussion in 'Java' started by Robert Hornsby, Aug 27, 2003.

  1. On 26 Aug 2003 21:01:17 PST, (Alan Moore)
    wrote

    >Try calling getHighlighter().setDrawsLayeredHighlights(false) on the
    >JTextPanes when you create them. I get the effect you describe in
    >JTextAreas by doing that, but I also have to override a method in
    >BasicTextUI to get it to repaint the the whole width of the view. If
    >your JTextPanes are read-only, though, you night not have to do that.
    >
    >--Alan

    Thanks for your reply.

    I am using java 1.4.1_01-b01 and setDrawsLayeredHighlights is not a
    method
    of HighLighter in this version.

    I have tried using getHighlighter().addHighlight but this just
    highlights the text, not the blank space, and I can't see any methods
    og HighLighter or HighLightPainter which might achieve the desired
    result.

    Anyone have any ideas?

    Thanks

    Robert Hornsby

    Robert Hornsby, Aug 27, 2003

  2. Robert Hornsby

    Alan Moore Guest

    On 27 Aug 2003 03:56:10 -0700, (Robert
    Hornsby) wrote:

    >I am using java 1.4.1_01-b01 and setDrawsLayeredHighlights is not a
    >method of HighLighter in this version.

    Sorry, that should have been

    ((DefaultHighlighter)getHighlighter()).setDrawsLayeredHighlights(false)

    --Alan

    Alan Moore, Aug 27, 2003