Re: Difference between C and advanced C

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by CBFalconer, Sep 24, 2008.

  1. CBFalconer

    CBFalconer Guest

    wrote:

    > Sir will please tell me the exact difference between C and
    > advanced C...what are the extra features or funcions...etc added
    > in this advanced one.

    There is no such thing as 'Advanced C'. C is described by the ISO
    standards. See the following for information:

    Some useful references about C:
    <http://c-faq.com/> (C-faq)
    <http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg14/www/docs/n1256.pdf> (C99)
    <http://cbfalconer.home.att.net/download/n869_txt.bz2> (C99, txt)
    <http://www.dinkumware.com/c99.aspx> (C-library}
    <http://clc-wiki.net/wiki/C_community:comp.lang.c:Introduction>

    Try the download section.

    CBFalconer, Sep 24, 2008

  2. CBFalconer <> writes:
    > wrote:
    >>
    >> Sir will please tell me the exact difference between C and
    >> advanced C...what are the extra features or funcions...etc added
    >> in this advanced one.

    > There is no such thing as 'Advanced C'. C is described by the ISO
    > standards. See the following for information:
    >
    > Some useful references about C:
    > <http://www.ungerhu.com/jxh/clc.welcome.txt>
    > <http://c-faq.com/> (C-faq)
    > <http://benpfaff.org/writings/clc/off-topic.html>
    > <http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg14/www/docs/n1256.pdf> (C99)
    > <http://cbfalconer.home.att.net/download/n869_txt.bz2> (C99, txt)
    > <http://www.dinkumware.com/c99.aspx> (C-library}
    > <http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/> (GNU docs)
    > <http://clc-wiki.net/wiki/C_community:comp.lang.c:Introduction>

    If you'll change the tag for n869_txt.bz2 from "C99" to "pre-C99",
    I'll stop bugging you about it.

    Nokia

    Keith Thompson, Sep 25, 2008

  3. CBFalconer

    CBFalconer Guest

    Keith Thompson wrote:
    > CBFalconer <> writes:
    >> wrote:
    >>>
    >>> Sir will please tell me the exact difference between C and
    >>> advanced C...what are the extra features or funcions...etc added
    >>> in this advanced one.

    >> There is no such thing as 'Advanced C'. C is described by the ISO
    >> standards. See the following for information:
    >>
    >> Some useful references about C:
    >> <http://www.ungerhu.com/jxh/clc.welcome.txt>
    >> <http://c-faq.com/> (C-faq)
    >> <http://benpfaff.org/writings/clc/off-topic.html>
    >> <http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg14/www/docs/n1256.pdf> (C99)
    >> <http://cbfalconer.home.att.net/download/n869_txt.bz2> (C99, txt)
    >> <http://www.dinkumware.com/c99.aspx> (C-library}
    >> <http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/> (GNU docs)
    >> <http://clc-wiki.net/wiki/C_community:comp.lang.c:Introduction>

    > If you'll change the tag for n869_txt.bz2 from "C99" to "pre-C99",
    > I'll stop bugging you about it.

    If the result will fit into my (self-imposed) line length limits, I
    will. :) Meanwhile the downloader gets a package with a short
    header describing exactly what it is, and an extension describing
    the compression algorithm. He also gets the original name, n869,
    which should provide a clue.

    Try the download section.

    CBFalconer, Sep 25, 2008
  4. CBFalconer <> writes:
    > Keith Thompson wrote:
    >> CBFalconer <> writes:

    [...]
    >>> Some useful references about C:
    >>> <http://www.ungerhu.com/jxh/clc.welcome.txt>
    >>> <http://c-faq.com/> (C-faq)
    >>> <http://benpfaff.org/writings/clc/off-topic.html>
    >>> <http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg14/www/docs/n1256.pdf> (C99)
    >>> <http://cbfalconer.home.att.net/download/n869_txt.bz2> (C99, txt)
    >>> <http://www.dinkumware.com/c99.aspx> (C-library}
    >>> <http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/> (GNU docs)
    >>> <http://clc-wiki.net/wiki/C_community:comp.lang.c:Introduction>

    >> If you'll change the tag for n869_txt.bz2 from "C99" to "pre-C99",
    >> I'll stop bugging you about it.

    > If the result will fit into my (self-imposed) line length limits, I
    > will. :) Meanwhile the downloader gets a package with a short
    > header describing exactly what it is, and an extension describing
    > the compression algorithm. He also gets the original name, n869,
    > which should provide a clue.

    How does the name "n869" provide a clue to anyone who isn't already
    following the C standard process?

    Just change "(C99, txt)" to "(pre-C99)". The "txt" part really is
    implicit in the file name.

    Nokia

    Keith Thompson, Sep 25, 2008
  5. CBFalconer

    CBFalconer Guest

    Keith Thompson wrote:
    > CBFalconer <> writes:
    >> Keith Thompson wrote:
    >>> CBFalconer <> writes:

    > [...]

    >>> If you'll change the tag for n869_txt.bz2 from "C99" to "pre-C99",
    >>> I'll stop bugging you about it.

    >> If the result will fit into my (self-imposed) line length limits, I
    >> will. :) Meanwhile the downloader gets a package with a short
    >> header describing exactly what it is, and an extension describing
    >> the compression algorithm. He also gets the original name, n869,
    >> which should provide a clue.

    .... snip ...

    > Just change "(C99, txt)" to "(pre-C99)". The "txt" part really is
    > implicit in the file name.

    Done.

    Try the download section.

    CBFalconer, Sep 25, 2008