Re: Different widths for different browsers

Discussion in 'HTML' started by rf, Nov 5, 2009.

  1. rf

    rf Guest

    "Barely Audible" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Probably a hopeless question but is there anything I can embed in an html
    > page that will enable me to have a different page width for an ordinary
    > browser or a mobile phone browser when they access the page?

    As an alternitive question might I ask why you want to specify a "page
    width" anyway.

    If you simply fail to specify anything at all to do with page with then the
    page will automatically adjust to the with of the browsers viewport, no
    matter what technology that browser is running on. That is how browsers
    work, before web authors cripple them by over specifying things.

    rf, Nov 5, 2009

  2. rf

    rf Guest

    "rf" <> wrote in message

    > "Barely Audible" <> wrote in message
    >> Probably a hopeless question but is there anything I can embed in an html
    >> page that will enable me to have a different page width for an ordinary
    >> browser or a mobile phone browser when they access the page?

    > As an alternitive question might I ask why you want to specify a "page
    > width" anyway.
    >
    > If you simply fail to specify anything at all to do with page with then
    > the page will automatically adjust to the with of the browsers viewport,
    > no matter what technology that browser is running on. That is how browsers
    > work, before web authors cripple them by over specifying things.

    Strewth. I must have a sore d fingure. s/with/width/g

    rf, Nov 5, 2009