Re: Different widths for different browsers

Discussion in 'HTML' started by David Postill, Nov 5, 2009.

  1. In article <>, on Thu, 05 Nov 2009
    11:26:55 +0000, Barely Audible wrote:

    | Probably a hopeless question but is there anything I can embed in an
    | html page that will enable me to have a different page width for an
    | ordinary browser or a mobile phone browser when they access the page?
    |
    | Hope thats slightly less than clear as mud ;)

    Use a diffferent stylesheet.

    http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS2/media.html
    http://www.howtocreate.co.uk/tutorials/css/mediatypes
    http://css-discuss.incutio.com/?page=HandheldStylesheets

    --
    David Postill
    Dance your Life - Biodanza in Holland - <http://www.danceyourlife.eu>

    David Postill, Nov 5, 2009

  2. David Postill wrote:
    > In article <>, on Thu, 05 Nov 2009
    > 11:26:55 +0000, Barely Audible wrote:
    >
    > | Probably a hopeless question but is there anything I can embed in an
    > | html page that will enable me to have a different page width for an
    > | ordinary browser or a mobile phone browser when they access the page?
    > |
    > | Hope thats slightly less than clear as mud ;)
    >
    > Use a diffferent stylesheet.
    >
    > http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS2/media.html
    > http://www.howtocreate.co.uk/tutorials/css/mediatypes
    > http://css-discuss.incutio.com/?page=HandheldStylesheets

    Thanks David I do believe that answers my question!

    --
    TTFN
    Jim

    There is no problem that cannot be solved by the use of large
    quantities of high explosives.

    Barely Audible, Nov 5, 2009