Re: Display pop-up window in different screen

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Gregory A. Beamer, Oct 2, 2009.

  1. "aspfun via DotNetMonster.com" <u53138@uwe> wrote in

    > I use window.open to open a pop-up window.

    Okay, I get this part.

    > Is it possible to code to put pop-up window alway in another screen
    > other than main page?

    Do you mean open another browser instance? That is what window.open()
    does, so I expect not.

    Or do you mean on another computer screen (second monitor)? If so,
    probably , but it is not wise unless you can guarantee all users,
    forever, will have multiple screens.

    Or do you mean put it on a different part of the screen than the main
    window? Yes, you can put positioning information in the window.open()
    command.

    Or do you mean have the code set up in Code Behind? Yes, use the script
    registering commands.

    I think I have covered every variable about what you might be trying to
    accomplish. If not, clarify your post.

    Peace and Grace,

    --
    Gregory A. Beamer
    MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

    Twitter: @gbworld

    | Think outside the box! |

    Gregory A. Beamer, Oct 2, 2009

  2. Gregory A. Beamer

    George Guest

    If you give it a name then window.open will reuse the window.
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms536651(VS.85).aspx

    That might help.

    George.

    George, Oct 5, 2009

  3. "aspfun via DotNetMonster.com" <u53138@uwe> wrote in

    > My PC has two monitors. I want pop-up window always stay in another
    > monitor which is not the same as main page.

    If it is simply a matter of reusuing the same window every time, give it a
    name. As long as every window.open targets the same name, they open in the
    same window.

    If that is not enough, you can calculate the location for the new window,
    but understand that targeting the second monitor might not be a great
    option if others use the application.

    Peace and Grace,

    --
    Gregory A. Beamer