Re: displaying video in a tkinter GUI

Discussion in 'Python' started by Jim Easterbrook, Aug 22, 2003.

  1. In article <>, Mark Hertel <> wrote:

    >Is it possible to embed a video player on a tkinter frame? I'm
    >looking to create something that displays the video and its
    >associated controls in the upper right quandrant while the other
    >screen quandrants are used for user input.
    >
    >It would be great if the solution was cross platform (windows/linux)
    >but the initial target would be winXP/2K.

    For a Windows only solution, I've used DirectShow via Mark Hammond's
    win32com extension, and more recently via Thomas Heller's ctypes COM
    framework. I've been working at a lower level than a complete player
    (I've been building DirectShow filter graphs and using tkinter buttons
    for "play", "pause" etc.) but I expect you could embed a full Windows
    Media Player.
    --
    Jim Easterbrook
    BBC Research & Development <http://www.bbc.co.uk/rd/>