Re: Div Woes

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\), Apr 16, 2008.

  1. As long as the z order is higher on the other div, the portion over the part
    where it obscures the table will fire that hover event.

    If this is not the case, then download Firefox and get Firebug. It helps you
    see which styles are in order when you are on a certain element. You can
    then experiment until you get it right, as Firebug allows you to edit the
    styles without actually committing to the files, so you can play as much as
    you like.

    --
    Gregory A. Beamer
    MVP, MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

    Subscribe to my blog

    or just read it:
    http://gregorybeamer.spaces.live.com/

    Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\), Apr 16, 2008

  2. Hi Greg

    Thanks for your reply. Yes the z-index is higher.

    Basically if there is no background on the obsurcing div where the mouseover
    and mouseout events are attached then it seems that the underlying object
    events get fired as well as the overlaying object ( my div ).

    message news:%...

    Microsoft Newsserver, Apr 17, 2008

  3. I am about to get into the same situation with a project we have. I will
    have to see what happens when I overlay in this manner.

    Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\), Apr 17, 2008