Re: DIVs and overflow scroll bars

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by S. Justin Gengo, Jul 18, 2003.

  1. I don't know if this would work but what happens if the div is in a table?

    You could try setting the table's first row to a fixed pixel height for the
    header and the second table row height to 99%. Then maybe if the div tag is
    inside the second table row its 100% setting will make it fill the table row
    and not the whole page?

    I have no idea if this will work. It's just an idea to try.

    --
    S. Justin Gengo, MCP
    Web Developer

    Free code library at:
    www.aboutfortunate.com

    "Out of chaos comes order."
    Nietzche
    "(Liquid) Daniel Bass" <> wrote in
    message news:%...
    > a pic's worth a thousand words so if you can make sense of the attached
    > image do you know if it's possible?
    >
    > basically say you set a DIV style to have 90% width and height and set
    > overflow to auto, where elements inside it overflow, the DIV element will
    > produce scroll bars...
    > and so if view the page in different resolution, or browser view size, you
    > know the div will always occupy a 90% X 90% of the visible page and use
    > scroll bars to allow the user to view other content...
    >
    > well, i want to konw if i can have a format whereby i can use 100% width,
    > and a certain height so that i can have a no scrollable header, and the

    rest

    S. Justin Gengo, Jul 18, 2003