Re: Do C++ and Java professionals use UML??

Discussion in 'Java' started by Lars Enderin, Aug 1, 2012.

  1. Lars Enderin

    Lars Enderin Guest

    To: kensi
    From: "Lars Enderin" <lars.enderin@1:261/38.remove-x1c-this>

    To: kensi
    From: "Lars Enderin" <lars.enderin@1:261/38.remove-dpk-this>

    To: kensi
    From: "Lars Enderin" <lars.enderin@1:261/38.remove-rf4-this>

    To: kensi
    From: "Lars Enderin" <lars.enderin@1:261/38.remove-pvc-this>

    To: kensi
    From: "Lars Enderin" <lars.enderin@1:261/38.remove-5bm-this>

    To: kensi
    From: Lars Enderin <>

    2012-07-28 21:51, kensi skrev:
    > On 27/07/2012 3:42 PM, Arne Vajhoj wrote:
    > [snip]
    >
    > Why are half the people in this group suddenly switching to this
    > news.tds.net NNTP provider?
    >
    > I ask because that NNTP provider is b0rken:
    >
    > 1. Every post has the same NNTP-Posting-Host header, even from people I
    > know are not sockpuppets of one another, e.g. you, Robert Klemmke,
    > David Lamb, and Jim Janney all have recent posts with
    >
    > 2. Posts through that server have the References: header stripped. As
    > a result, every time any of you posts through that server it breaks
    > a piece off the thread you're replying to, causing clutter and making
    > discussions more difficult to follow.
    >
    > 3. It seems to **** up character encodings, most noticeably when Vajhoj
    > posts or is replied to via TDS as he has a non-ASCII character in his
    > name.
    >
    > Please switch back to your original providers, or if you can't for some
    > reason, such as because they closed, please find something better than
    > TDS to replace them with. AIOE works well enough for me and does not
    > break References: when I reply or screw up encoding the o character. It
    > does not require signup. Eternal-September is something I often see
    > recommended, does require signup, but is free. Either of those is
    > probably better than (and maybe even cheaper than) this TDS, from all
    > indications.

    I, for one, did not switch to that provider, yet my last post, addressing the
    same point as yours, got copied through it. I don't think anybody else chose it
    either. The posts are copied with different headers but the same contents. That
    server should be closed down.

    --
    Lars Enderin

    -+- BBBS/Li6 v4.10 Dada-1
    + Origin: Prism bbs (1:261/38)
    -+- Synchronet 3.16a-Win32 NewsLink 1.98

    Lars Enderin, Aug 1, 2012