Re: Do C++ and Java professionals use UML??

Discussion in 'Java' started by Lew, Aug 4, 2012.

  1. Lew

    Lew Guest

    To: Arne Vajhøj
    From: "Lew" <lew@1:261/38.remove-yy0-this>

    To: Arne Vajhoj
    From: Lew <>

    Arne Vajhoj wrote:
    > Lew wrote:
    >> Wanja Gayk wrote:
    >>> Arne Vajhoj says...

    >>> "You can write FORTRAN in any language."
    >>>
    >>> http://queue.acm.org/detail.cfm?id=1039535

    >> Funny, but it ducks the point.
    >>
    >> And further indicates that you are not interested in doing things the Java

    way.

    >> I know you're proud of that, but it's actually a bad thing when you're doing

    Java.

    > Somehow I think you have gotten Wanja and Gene mixed up.

    The lack of attributions in the post I answered is what I choose to blame.

    Yes, I should have researched the upthread context. So OK, I blame myself.

    > I have no reason to believe that Wanja is anti-"Java best pracice".
    >
    > In fact I see his post as being definite but subtle pro-"Java
    > best practice".

    I am embarrassed. You are exactly right. I apologize, Wanja.

    I missed your point completely.

    --
    Lew

    -+- BBBS/Li6 v4.10 Dada-1
    + Origin: Prism bbs (1:261/38)
    -+- Synchronet 3.16a-Win32 NewsLink 1.98

    Lew, Aug 4, 2012

  2. Lew

    Arne Vajhøj Guest

    To: Lew
    From: "Arne Vajhoj" <arne.vajhoj@1:261/38.remove-yy0-this>

    To: Lew
    From: Arne Vajhoj <>

    On 8/2/2012 7:48 PM, Lew wrote:
    > Wanja Gayk wrote:
    >> says...

    >>> Maybe not.
    >>>
    >>> But it is still a bad idea.
    >>>
    >>> And it indicates that you are not interested in doing things the Java way.

    >> "You can write FORTRAN in any language."
    >>
    >> http://queue.acm.org/detail.cfm?id=1039535

    > Funny, but it ducks the point.
    >
    > And further indicates that you are not interested in doing things the Java

    way.

    > I know you're proud of that, but it's actually a bad thing when you're doing

    Java.

    Somehow I think you have gotten Wanja and Gene mixed up.

    I have no reason to believe that Wanja is anti-"Java best pracice".

    In fact I see his post as being definite but subtle pro-"Java best pracice".

    Arne

    Arne Vajhøj, Aug 4, 2012