Re: doctype

Discussion in 'HTML' started by cwdjrxyz, Apr 19, 2007.

  1. cwdjrxyz

    cwdjrxyz Guest

    On Apr 19, 11:27 am, Andy Dingley <> wrote:
    > On 19 Apr, 16:05, "" <> wrote:
    >
    > > does enyone possibly know why when i configer a doctype in my page,
    > > the explorer browser don't let me to use the
    > > overflow property in the body

    > Search around "quirks mode".
    >
    > When you switch from Quirks to Standards mode IE changes its error
    > recovery behaviour for CSS syntax errors (such as missing length
    > dimension units). In Quirks mode it auto-corrects, in Standards it
    > rejects the malformed CSS fragment. Chances are that you have a CSS
    > error in there somewhere.
    >
    > You should validate your pages (HTML & CSS) if you want this stuff to
    > work.

    I checked at the W3C html validator, and there were only a few errors
    - not bad for over 1000 lines of code. There does seem to be some
    problem with divisions - one is not allowed at a certain point and
    there results a mismatch in opening and closing divisions and another
    problem or two. I am unable to check over your over 1000+ lines of
    code due to lack of time. However I suggest that you find the source
    of this problem and correct it first. Mismatched divisions sometimes
    can cause some very strange problems.
    cwdjrxyz, Apr 19, 2007