Re: % Documentation

Discussion in 'Python' started by Wilk, Aug 9, 2003.

  1. Wilk

    Wilk Guest

    http://www.python.org/doc/current/lib/typesseq-strings.html

    --
    William Dode - http://flibuste.net

    Wilk, Aug 9, 2003

  2. Wilk wrote:
    > Simon Bayling <> writes:
    >

    >>Hello,
    >>
    >>Where is the % operator documented?

    > http://www.python.org/doc/current/lib/typesseq-strings.html
    >

    >>I was looking for ages yesterday, Python.org, browsing the documentation
    >>for modules, the tutorial, searching for it, trying help(%), using Google,
    >>and so on.
    >>I found that locale.format works like the % operator... how useful ;)
    >>
    >>if someone could point me towards it, that would be great...
    >>
    >>(Also, what is the proper name for it? String interpolation? String
    >>substitution? Percent-substitution?)
    >>
    >>Cheers,
    >>Simon.

    I think of it as formatting, but its probably the other things too.

    The description can be easily reached from the start of the Library
    Reference index - under Symbols. It is now also indexed under
    formatting.

    Colin W.

    Colin J. Williams, Aug 9, 2003