Re: Does anyone else wish the C++ standards committee would giveus parity with other programming

Discussion in 'C++' started by Thomas J. Gritzan, Mar 27, 2009.

  1. Anonymous Infidel... wrote:
    > Or better yet, force them(C#, Java, etc) to do the catch up game....

    Why should we force the C# guys or the Java guys to catch up with C++?

    Well, it would be nice if those languages had support for RAII, or even
    templates, but why force them? ;-)

    --
    Thomas

    Thomas J. Gritzan, Mar 27, 2009

  2. Thomas J. Gritzan

    sebastian Guest

    Re: Does anyone else wish the C++ standards committee would give usparity with other programming languages?

    >> Or better yet, force them(C#, Java, etc) to do the catch up game....

    What are you talking about? Catch up *how*? You can do just about
    anything with C++. You might have to write it from scratch, of
    course...

    sebastian, Mar 28, 2009

  3. Re: Does anyone else wish the C++ standards committee would give usparity with other programming languages?

    On Mar 27, 3:53 pm, "Thomas J. Gritzan" <>
    wrote:
    > Anonymous Infidel... wrote:
    > > Or better yet, force them(C#, Java, etc) to do the catch up game....

    > Why should we force the C# guys or the Java guys to catch up with C++?
    >
    > Well, it would be nice if those languages had support for RAII, or even
    > templates, but why force them? ;-)

    LOL, True...I should have been more specific and specified in certain
    areas C++ is a lil behind. [IMHO, it's still the best language out
    there and with asm can do all the good things other languages can]

    Anonymous Infidel, Mar 29, 2009