Re: Does Polymorphism mean python can create object?

Discussion in 'Python' started by Chris Angelico, Aug 20, 2012.

  1. On Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 12:01 AM, Levi Nie <> wrote:
    > Does Polymorphism mean python can create object?

    I'm not sure what your question means. Could you rephrase, please?

    Also, this document may be useful to you:

    Chris Angelico

    Chris Angelico, Aug 20, 2012

  2. Chris Angelico

    alex23 Guest

    On Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 12:01 AM, Levi Nie wrote:
    > Does Polymorphism mean python can create object?

    No. This isn't D&D. Polymorphism has a distinct meaning in computer science, one which you would've found in less time searching Wikipedia than asking this question here.

    alex23, Aug 21, 2012

  3. Chris Angelico

    alex23 Guest

    alex23, Aug 21, 2012
  4. On Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 10:20 AM, alex23 <> wrote:
    > On Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 12:01 AM, Levi Nie wrote:
    >> Does Polymorphism mean python can create object?

    > No. This isn't D&D. Polymorphism has a distinct meaning in computer science, one which you would've found in less time searching Wikipedia than asking this question here.

    That said, though, I wouldn't be against someone casting Baleful
    Polymorph on the odd troll...

    ChrisA

    Chris Angelico, Aug 21, 2012
  5. Chris Angelico

    Roy Smith Guest

    In article <>,
    Chris Angelico <> wrote:

    > On Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 10:20 AM, alex23 <> wrote:
    > > On Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 12:01 AM, Levi Nie wrote:
    > >> Does Polymorphism mean python can create object?

    > > No. This isn't D&D. Polymorphism has a distinct meaning in computer
    > > science, one which you would've found in less time searching Wikipedia than
    > > asking this question here.

    > That said, though, I wouldn't be against someone casting Baleful
    > Polymorph on the odd troll...

    Won't work. Trolls always make their random.saving_throw().

    Roy Smith, Aug 21, 2012