Re: Doew WPF application need to install in each pc?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Jason Keats, Jan 9, 2010.

  1. Jason Keats

    Jason Keats Guest

    aspfun via DotNetMonster.com wrote:
    > Our company have about 20 branches and 500 clienta in different locations.
    > Most of our appications are ASP.NET and are hosted in a web server.
    > If I use WPF to create a new application, does it need to install in each pc?

    Yes, and each computer will require the .NET Framework be (pre)installed.

    However, you may be able to use ClickOnce to install your application
    from a URL (if they already have the .NET Framework installed).

    Alternatively, you can use WPF to create a Silverlight application.
    Silverlight clients run within the browser, so are (at the moment)
    limited in what they can do - no printing, etc.

    HTH

    Jason Keats, Jan 9, 2010

  2. Jason Keats

    Jason Keats Guest

    Jason Keats wrote:
    > aspfun via DotNetMonster.com wrote:
    >> Our company have about 20 branches and 500 clienta in different
    >> locations.
    >> Most of our appications are ASP.NET and are hosted in a web server.
    >> If I use WPF to create a new application, does it need to install in
    >> each pc?
    >>

    > Yes, and each computer will require the .NET Framework be (pre)installed.
    >
    > However, you may be able to use ClickOnce to install your application
    > from a URL (if they already have the .NET Framework installed).
    >
    > Alternatively, you can use WPF to create a Silverlight application.
    > Silverlight clients run within the browser, so are (at the moment)
    > limited in what they can do - no printing, etc.
    >
    > HTH

    My answer, above, assumed you were talking about a WPF desktop application.

    I forgot (and don't know much) about XBAP. To me, XBAP doesn't seem to
    be as popular as the other options.

    Jason Keats, Jan 9, 2010