Re: Download link to jar in WEB-INF

Discussion in 'Java' started by Andrew Thompson, Mar 31, 2004.

  1. On Wed, 31 Mar 2004 12:47:29 -0700, Wendy S wrote:

    > "Andrew Thompson" <> wrote:
    >> It seems this is a security issue,

    > The Servlet Specification specifically forbids directly serving resources
    > that live under WEB-INF.

    > (I really recommend reading the Servlet Spec cover to cover...

    ...ugghh. Yeah, been meaning to set time aside for
    all this necessary study, but it's difficult
    dragging myself away from churning out hackish
    (but cute!) JSP's. ;-)

    > So you can do what you want by writing a Servlet that will read the .jar
    > from WEB-INF/lib and send it to the user.

    I will have to investigate that, thanks.

    > But it would be easier to just put two copies of the .jar file on the
    > server. ;)

    But yeah, I'll do that for the moment.

    >(Ant task?)

    No can't, just used surface spray..