Re: Dr. Dobb's Python-URL! - weekly Python news and links (Sep 24)

Discussion in 'Python' started by Cameron Laird, Jun 25, 2003.

  1. In article <3d9100c1$>,
    Peter Hansen <> wrote:
    >Dean Goodmanson wrote:
    >> QOTW: "When something "is *EVERYWHERE*", how can it be "clearly VISIBLE"
    >> at the same time?" - Alex Martelli
    >> http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-list/2002-September/123526.html
    >>
    >> "... [A]necdotally speaking I find Python development goes faster more as
    >> a result of its very high readability than as a result of low loc/FP."
    >> Peter Hansen

    >For the record, this was from
    >http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-list/2002-February/089848.html
    >although I have to say I have no idea what it means... if it ever meant
    >anything. (Hansen's a real blowhard, you know.)
    >
    >(I also don't know why a posting from February made it in the September
    >QOTW except as an accident. But didn't someone say there's no such
    >thing as bad publicity? ;-) )
    >
    >-Peter

    We call that "serendipity", not accident.

    Like Python itself, "Python-URL!" is not rigid. It accomodates
    variability. It shrinks, it expands, it *breathes*, it occasi-
    onally holds itself in reserve a little bit, until the timing
    feels better.

    Sometimes "a little bit" extends over months. OK, years.
    --

    Cameron Laird <>
    Business: http://www.Phaseit.net
    Cameron Laird, Jun 25, 2003

  2. Cameron Laird

    Steve Holden Guest

    "Peter Hansen" <> wrote in message
    > Cameron Laird wrote:
    > >
    > > Peter Hansen <> wrote:
    > > >(I also don't know why a posting from February made it in the September
    > > >QOTW except as an accident. But didn't someone say there's no such
    > > >thing as bad publicity? ;-) )

    > > We call that "serendipity", not accident.
    > >
    > > Like Python itself, "Python-URL!" is not rigid. It accomodates
    > > variability. It shrinks, it expands, it *breathes*, it occasi-
    > > onally holds itself in reserve a little bit, until the timing
    > > feels better.
    > >
    > > Sometimes "a little bit" extends over months. OK, years.

    > Wow! Cameron, dude, you've got some serious backlog to read! :)
    >
    > I think I posted the above question months ago... You were
    > holding on to your reply just to make your point stronger, right? ;-)

    Cameron Laird is currently away on an expedition with Guido van Rossum's
    time machine, writing the Python URL for September 2007. He will attend to
    your message when he returns to the present.

    regards
    --
    Steve Holden http://www.holdenweb.com/
    Python Web Programming http://pydish.holdenweb.com/pwp/
    Steve Holden, Jun 26, 2003

  3. Cameron Laird

    Peter Hansen Guest

    Steve Holden wrote:

    > Cameron Laird is currently away on an expedition with Guido van Rossum's
    > time machine, writing the Python URL for September 2007. He will attend to
    > your message when he returns to the present.

    Yeah, right. And the words in "Python URL for September" start with the
    letters P, S, and U. Coincidence? I think
    Peter Hansen, Jun 26, 2003
  4. Peter Hansen fed this fish to the penguins on Thursday 26 June 2003
    06:50 am:

    > Yeah, right. And the words in "Python URL for September" start with
    > the
    > letters P, S, and U. Coincidence? I think

    Well, technically they start with the letters P, U, S... but as we'd
    rather consider Python to be an addiction and not an infection... <G>
    Dennis Lee Bieber, Jun 28, 2003