Re: Dreamweaver or frontpage

Discussion in 'HTML' started by DLU, Nov 19, 2010.

  1. DLU

    DLU Guest

    On 11/17/2010 19:51, Abdullah Kahn wrote:
    > Which one do I need to buy ? Which is the best ?? Price doesn't matter , I
    > am prepared to pay for a good progran.
    >
    > TIA

    You are asking people who can write HTML in a word processor. Most of
    the respondents here, do not need one of these prestructured programs.

    I like Expression Web as it allows me to store the website in a file,
    and when I open it, I see all the pages and files that it uses. It also
    allows you to open several pages at one time, and the FTP is easy to
    use. It has ready made pages, but if you use them, you have to modify
    them to fit your style. It also lets you see all your CSS files.

    It is not a substitute for good coding that allows you to use a wrapper,
    and to insert thumbnails. Dreamweaver allows you to do all these things
    for about $700, against $98 for Expression Web. Most people go to a six
    month class to learn the basics of Dreamwerver. it is not an intuitive
    program.

    --
    ***************************************
    * This is the Spammish Inquisition *

    DLU, Nov 19, 2010

  2. DLU

    P E Schoen Guest

    "DLU" wrote in message news:3d190$4ce5d6bd$40717bba$...

    > You are asking people who can write HTML in a word processor. Most of the
    > respondents here, do not need one of these prestructured programs.

    I use PerlEdit which has a free edition. It's handy for HTML as well as CGI
    code (Perl) which must be in UNIX format. The MS Notepad does not have that
    option.

    Sometimes I have saved emails in HTML format and the results are fairly
    clean, but I still need to do some touch-up with a text editor. I've also
    used MS Word and Open Office Writer for some HTML pages, but they tend to be
    ugly HTML code.

    Those are just shortcuts to get a page of information on the website
    quickly, and it allows others to give me content in a form that they would
    like to see on the website.

    Paul

    P E Schoen, Nov 19, 2010