Re: Dreamweaver or frontpage

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Adrienne Boswell, Nov 19, 2010.

  1. Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "Abdullah Kahn"
    <> writing in

    > Which one do I need to buy ? Which is the best ?? Price doesn't matter
    > , I am prepared to pay for a good progran.
    >
    > TIA

    I would recommend neither. I prefer a plain text editor with syntax
    highlighting.

    I used HTML-Kit 292 for years - it's free, has hundreds of plugins,
    integrates with HTML-Tidy, ability to save your own snippets and
    templates, etc... and it's free.

    But, I also registered my HTML-Kit, and have been using HTML-Kit Tools
    (300) for about a year. I love it! It has all the attributes of 292,
    plus some great improvements, code folding, matching brackets (I really
    love that one), code explorer, projects, docment compare, and the list
    goes on.

    If you want to work with a good text editor, give Tools a try:
    http://chami.com/html-kit/tools/

    --
    Adrienne Boswell at Home
    Arbpen Web Site Design Services

    Adrienne Boswell, Nov 19, 2010

  2. Adrienne Boswell

    P E Schoen Guest

    "Adrienne Boswell" wrote in message

    > I would recommend neither. I prefer a plain text editor with syntax
    > highlighting.

    > I used HTML-Kit 292 for years - it's free, has hundreds of plugins,
    > integrates with HTML-Tidy, ability to save your own snippets and
    > templates, etc... and it's free.

    > But, I also registered my HTML-Kit, and have been using HTML-Kit Tools
    > (300) for about a year. I love it! It has all the attributes of 292,
    > plus some great improvements, code folding, matching brackets (I really
    > love that one), code explorer, projects, docment compare, and the list
    > goes on.

    > If you want to work with a good text editor, give Tools a try:
    > http://chami.com/html-kit/tools/

    I'm giving it a try. It seems pretty good, but I don't think it will work
    for CGI scripts in Perl, which requires UNIX style line separators. That's
    where PerlEdit is good. And I don't know if this editor will help with
    JavaScript. I guess there might not be any one tool that "does it all", but
    if there is, it is probably costly.

    What are the limitations of the free version, and what does a registered
    full copy cost?

    Paul

    P E Schoen, Nov 19, 2010

  3. P E Schoen wrote:

    > "Adrienne Boswell" wrote:
    >> I would recommend neither. I prefer a plain text editor with syntax
    >> highlighting.

    > I'm giving it a try. It seems pretty good, but I don't think it will
    > work for CGI scripts in Perl, which requires UNIX style line
    > separators. That's where PerlEdit is good. And I don't know if this
    > editor will help with JavaScript. I guess there might not be any one
    > tool that "does it all", but if there is, it is probably costly.

    Have a look at Bluefish.
    I've been using it for years. And the price is right, free.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bluefish_(text_editor)
    Versions for all major operating systems:
    http://bluefish.openoffice.nl/

    It is quite like Crimson Editor, which I used back in the day when I had
    Windows computers...

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Nov 19, 2010
  4. Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "P E Schoen"
    <> writing in news:mGoFo.37400$:

    > "Adrienne Boswell" wrote in message
    >
    >> I would recommend neither. I prefer a plain text editor with syntax
    >> highlighting.

    >> I used HTML-Kit 292 for years - it's free, has hundreds of plugins,
    >> integrates with HTML-Tidy, ability to save your own snippets and
    >> templates, etc... and it's free.

    >> But, I also registered my HTML-Kit, and have been using HTML-Kit
    >> Tools (300) for about a year. I love it! It has all the attributes
    >> of 292, plus some great improvements, code folding, matching brackets
    >> (I really love that one), code explorer, projects, docment compare,
    >> and the list goes on.

    >> If you want to work with a good text editor, give Tools a try:
    >> http://chami.com/html-kit/tools/

    > I'm giving it a try. It seems pretty good, but I don't think it will
    > work for CGI scripts in Perl, which requires UNIX style line
    > separators. That's where PerlEdit is good. And I don't know if this
    > editor will help with JavaScript. I guess there might not be any one
    > tool that "does it all", but if there is, it is probably costly.
    >
    > What are the limitations of the free version, and what does a
    > registered full copy cost?
    >
    > Paul

    The beta version build 300 is an almost complete rewrite of 292. Have a
    look at 292, download the free trial of 300 and compare them. Once you
    register build 292 for $59.00 you get Tools (300) and other software.

    Adrienne Boswell, Nov 20, 2010