Re: DreamweaverMX Graphics Hit Edge Question

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Phrostbyte Multimedia, Feb 27, 2004.

  1. <Pingu> wrote in message
    > I know, some may say I should be asking else where. I am wondering
    > how do I align my graphics in DW MX to hit the top or edge in DW MX.
    > So that is there no few pixels space as I have now?
    >
    > Thank You

    in dreamweaver mx it's in the file menu under modify/page properties. you
    set the left margin to 0 and the top margin to 0.

    also, since it's nice to know how to do everything you do in dreamweaver in
    actual html, the code for this is in the body tag, and should look like :

    hope this helps,
    Sev
    Phrostbyte Multimedia

    Phrostbyte Multimedia, Feb 27, 2004

  2. Phrostbyte Multimedia

    Whitecrest Guest

    In article <>, says...
    > Phrostbyte Multimedia

    Uncle Dave scares me.....

    --
    Whitecrest Entertainment
    www.whitecrestent.com

    Whitecrest, Feb 27, 2004

  3. Phrostbyte Multimedia

    Steve Pugh Guest

    "Phrostbyte Multimedia" <> wrote:
    ><Pingu> wrote in message
    >>
    >> I know, some may say I should be asking else where. I am wondering
    >> how do I align my graphics in DW MX to hit the top or edge in DW MX.
    >> So that is there no few pixels space as I have now?

    >in dreamweaver mx it's in the file menu under modify/page properties. you
    >set the left margin to 0 and the top margin to 0.
    >
    >also, since it's nice to know how to do everything you do in dreamweaver in
    >actual html, the code for this is in the body tag, and should look like :

    How quaint. Can you name which browsers support that non-standard HTML
    hackery but which don't support the CSS equivalents? I can, and it's
    one browser that has virtually no user base any more.

    On the other hand the CSS
    body { margin: 0; padding: 0;}
    is supported by a much wider range of browsers.

    Steve

    Steve Pugh <> <http://steve.pugh.net/>

    Steve Pugh, Feb 27, 2004
  4. Phrostbyte Multimedia

    SpaceGirl Guest

    "Steve Pugh" <> wrote in message
    > "Phrostbyte Multimedia" <> wrote:
    > ><Pingu> wrote in message
    > >>
    > >> I know, some may say I should be asking else where. I am wondering
    > >> how do I align my graphics in DW MX to hit the top or edge in DW MX.
    > >> So that is there no few pixels space as I have now?

    > >in dreamweaver mx it's in the file menu under modify/page properties. you
    > >set the left margin to 0 and the top margin to 0.
    > >
    > >also, since it's nice to know how to do everything you do in dreamweaver

    in
    > >actual html, the code for this is in the body tag, and should look like :

    > How quaint. Can you name which browsers support that non-standard HTML
    > hackery but which don't support the CSS equivalents? I can, and it's
    > one browser that has virtually no user base any more.
    >
    > On the other hand the CSS
    > body { margin: 0; padding: 0;}
    > is supported by a much wider range of browsers.
    >
    > Steve

    I agree you shoudl use CSS to do this

    body {
    margin-left: 0px;
    margin-top: 0px;
    margin-right: 0px;
    margin-bottom: 0px;
    }

    is another method

    but I'm really not sure you are correct about not using <body leftmargin="0"
    topmargin="0">. I think that WILL work in almost all browsers, even if it's
    not standard.

    SpaceGirl, Feb 27, 2004
  5. Phrostbyte Multimedia

    Steve Pugh Guest

    "SpaceGirl" <> wrote:
    >"Steve Pugh" <> wrote:
    >> "Phrostbyte Multimedia" <> wrote:
    >> >
    >> >in dreamweaver mx it's in the file menu under modify/page properties. you
    >> >set the left margin to 0 and the top margin to 0.
    >> >
    >> >also, since it's nice to know how to do everything you do in dreamweaver
    >> >in actual html, the code for this is in the body tag, and should look like :

    >> How quaint. Can you name which browsers support that non-standard HTML
    >> hackery but which don't support the CSS equivalents? I can, and it's
    >> one browser that has virtually no user base any more.
    >>
    >> On the other hand the CSS
    >> body { margin: 0; padding: 0;}
    >> is supported by a much wider range of browsers.
    >>

    >I agree you shoudl use CSS to do this
    >
    >body {
    > margin-left: 0px;
    > margin-top: 0px;
    > margin-right: 0px;
    > margin-bottom: 0px;
    >}
    >
    >is another method

    Yes, but (a) margin: 0; is much shorter and (b) padding: 0; is needed
    by Opera.

    >but I'm really not sure you are correct about not using <body leftmargin="0"
    >topmargin="0">. I think that WILL work in almost all browsers, even if it's
    >not standard.

    No. NN and (later versions only of) Opera support the alternative
    marginwidth and marginheight attributes. What's more the only version
    of IE that supports leftmargin and topmargin but which does not
    support margin: 0; is IE3. (rightmargin and bottommargin were added
    later but the CSS equivalents were also supported at this point.)

    Steve Pugh, Feb 28, 2004
  6. Phrostbyte Multimedia

    SpaceGirl Guest

    "Steve Pugh" <> wrote in message
    > "SpaceGirl" <> wrote:

    you

    dreamweaver

    like :

    > >> How quaint. Can you name which browsers support that non-standard HTML
    > >> hackery but which don't support the CSS equivalents? I can, and it's
    > >> one browser that has virtually no user base any more.
    > >>
    > >> On the other hand the CSS
    > >> body { margin: 0; padding: 0;}
    > >> is supported by a much wider range of browsers.
    > >>

    > >I agree you shoudl use CSS to do this
    > >
    > >body {
    > > margin-left: 0px;
    > > margin-top: 0px;
    > > margin-right: 0px;
    > > margin-bottom: 0px;
    > >}
    > >
    > >is another method

    > Yes, but (a) margin: 0; is much shorter and (b) padding: 0; is needed
    > by Opera.
    >
    > >but I'm really not sure you are correct about not using <body

    leftmargin="0"
    > >topmargin="0">. I think that WILL work in almost all browsers, even if

    it's
    > >not standard.

    > No. NN and (later versions only of) Opera support the alternative
    > marginwidth and marginheight attributes. What's more the only version
    > of IE that supports leftmargin and topmargin but which does not
    > support margin: 0; is IE3. (rightmargin and bottommargin were added
    > later but the CSS equivalents were also supported at this point.)
    >
    > Steve

    Ah okay. I wasn't sure... I was going to test it before I posted but didn't
    get chance. Ta! :)

    SpaceGirl, Feb 28, 2004